1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teapoon olive oil
Brown Sugar: Great exfoliator. Gets rid of excess dead skin. Deep cleanses skin pores. Prevents further breakouts. Removes blackheads and white heads. A natural humectant which absorbs moisture from the surrounding and moisturizes skin. Removes excess sebum in skin pores.
Olive Oil: Natural skin moisturizer. Rich in vitamin E and healthy fat, olive oil lubricates and hydrates dry withered skin back into life. Does not clog pores. Prevents further breakouts
1. Gather the ingredients to be used in making this face scrub.
2. Add 1 table spoon of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a small bowl. Stir well.
3. The face scrub should not be drippy. Do not add more olive oil as this will dissolve the sugar. Adding too little olive oil will make your face scrub rough and dry which will cause skin redness.
4. Now your brown sugar scrub is ready! Apply with clean fingers on to your face !
- Use extra virgin olive oil for best results. Processed products may irritate your skin or cause acne breakouts.
- Be gentle. Do not rub the sugar face scrub too hard on your face. This will give you a burning sensation as well as red unsightly skin.
- Your face may be a bit red after the scrub. This is because of the sugar scrub which stimulates proper blood circulation in your face. The redness will disappear after some time and your face will be glowing and free from peeling skin and dead cells.
- Olive oil will not clog your pores but deep cleanse your skin removing grime, pollution, dirt and germs.